Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Desserts

One of the things we have quickly discovered about Melbourne is that great desserts are everywhere. I have never seen so many dessert bars and cafés in my life, and I love it! We've only really explored the ones within walking distance of our apartment. I can only imagine what else is out there. I don't know how anyone in this country a) stays skinny (even with all the walking) and b) has any money left over with all the delicious food here! 
So far, here are a few of my favorite desserts...if you've been following my instagram you've probably seen a couple of these already:
Hot chocolate and cupcakes at Little Cupcakes, right outside our door. The chocolate here is just on another level. This goes for the hot chocolate, as well. I only ordered 2 cupcakes, but the debit card minimum is $10-this is common- so of course I was super bummed when I had to order a third to meet the minimum. I ate them all, obviously. 
A chocolate raspberry bombe at Lustre Bar, a second story open-air restaurant and dessert bar about 50 feet (don't ask me to convert this to meters) from our door. 
Here's the inside of the bar. 
View down onto the street. We live at the other end of the alleyway pictured here.
It's been a little bit chilly and rainy here, but last night was about 55 and dry which made it a perfect night to sit outside, with a jacket of course. 

I had this amazing amazing chocolate banana crepe at PassionFlower, a cool ice cream/dessert restaurant a few blocks away. This place is famous for their Asian ice cream flavours, which looked delicious and unique. I'll have to try those when the weather warms up. 

Lastly, a small crepe stand on one of the main roads. We haven't eaten here yet because it's cash-only, and we only had cards on us when we passed it. I'm confident we'll make it there before long, though :). 

The only drawback is that desserts, like everything else in Australia, are expensive. You can expect to spend $15-$20 on one of the above desserts. I'd say it's worth it though! 
That's all I've got for now-look for dessert post parts 2,3, and 4 in the near future :). I've been seeing lots of cute little macaroon specialty stores around, so stay tuned! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *